Monday, March 25, 2013

the weekend

Oh how I love weekends.  Our weekend starts on Thursday night.  My husband is a minister so Friday and Saturday have become our family days.  We are always looking for a new adventure, even if it is a family outing to Costco.  

We live on an island.  Although we can drive off the island, rather than take a ferry, it is still a forty-five minute drive to the "big" city.  I have a love/hate relationship with the drive.    I don't like that there are so few restaurants and stores here on the island.  I am definitely an avid online shopper since I can rarely find what I am looking for on the island.  However, I love that living on the island means that I am becoming less of a consumer and more of a maker.  I like to sew, can, garden, paint, and just plain old create and I am able to do those things here more than ever.  I am learning to appreciate a slower pace of life and  how to live more simply.  These are things I have thought to be very important for our family for a long time.  Now I am finding inspiration (sometimes out of necessity)  to motivate me to live more simply. 

 I love slow weekends when we can enjoy each other's company and soak in these moments when our babies are still babies.

Here are a few pictures of how we spent the weekend...








1 comment:

mnewsomphotography said...

man it looks so beautiful there kate. I can't imagine what it would be like to live around all of that beauty. AND I love your outfit. you always dress so cute:)