Monday, April 15, 2013

birthday girl

It has been a while since I have been on here.  We had my parents in town the last few weeks and have simply been enjoying their company.  Having family come to visit always helps us to feel like we are not so far away (even though we really are).  Grafton especially enjoyed having his grandparents here.  He always loves having them here, but I feel like he connected with them more this time than ever before.  Part of it is that he is growing older and can communicate with them better than in the past.  It was really hard to see them leave today.  It always feels empty around here when family leaves, but this time Grafton had a hard time saying goodbye.  He cried off and on for about an hour after they left asking for them to come back.  

It broke my heart. 

By the end of the day though, he was happily planning our trip to see them this summer.

...

One exciting thing we did this past weekend was celebrate our little girl's birthday.  

Laken Rae turned one on Saturday!  

We had a very low key party with my parents and our neighbor.  It was my favorite kind of celebration.  She was just too cute...



The night before her birthday I decided it was finally time to make the teepee I had been planning to make for months now.


Matt made her cake and it was wonderful.  Laken loved the frosting and couldn't eat it fast enough.  However, she skipped eating the cake and devoured strawberries instead.  
She is definitely my girl.


Grafton learned to lick his plate from his dad.


This one year old girly steals our heart every day.  She is adventurous and determined.  She is also "100 percent sweet" as her dad always says.

We love you Laken "Bacon"




No comments: